Questions to Ask When Choosing a Home Care Provider
Choosing the right home care provider for your loved one can often seem like a daunting task. This is a service people choose only once or twice in their lifetime, so the value is considered an unknown (or unfamiliar) to most people. Below are a few questions to consider when selecting the right home care provider, however you should also follow your instinct and work with those you feel most comfortable.
– Is the company independently owned, and have you spoken with or met the owner? An owner who is involved with the day-to-day operations is key to the quality of care you can expect to receive.
– Did you have a pleasant experience when you made the initial phone call? Keep in mind that the person who answered the phone did not know who you were. How they treat everyone is a good beckon for how happy their employees and clients are.
– What type of reviews can you find online? Do customers take the time to write reviews, andif so, how positive are those reviews. People rarely take the time in life to write something positive (versus complaining). A plethora of positive reviews may mean this home care provider is doing something right.
– Did they take the time to ask you about your loved one and ask for an in-home meeting? A company that truly cares about you and your loved one’s well being will take the time to meet you face-to-face. Stay away from companies willing to send a caregiver to you without matching up skill sets and personalities.
– Ask around! Call your home health or hospice agency and inquiry about the provider, because if they worked with them before, they will likely have an opinion.
Home Care Associates is a local provider of home care services in Birmingham, AL and Hoover, AL. (205) 206-9594.
- S Prev